You know you're proudly South African when ..
You produce a R100 note instead of your driver's license when stopped by a traffic officer.
You can do your monthly shopping on the pavement.
- You have to hire a security guard whenever you park your car.
- You can count the national soccer team's scores with no fingers
- To get free electricity you have to pay a connection fee of R750
- Hijacking cars is a profession
- You can pay your tuition fees by holding up a sign at a traffic light
- The petrol in your tank may be worth more than your car
- More people vote in a reality TV show than in an election
- People have the most wonderful names: Christmas, Goodwill, Pretty, Wednesday, Blessing, Brilliant, Gift and Given
- 'Now' can mean anything from a minute to a month
- You continue to wait after a traffic light has turned to green to make way for taxis travelling in the opposite direction
- Travelling at 120 km/h, you're the slowest vehicle on the highway
- You're genuinely and pleasantly surprised whenever you find your car parked where you left it
- The last time you visited the coast you paid more in speeding fines and toll fees than you did for the entire holiday
- You paint your car's registration on the roof
- Half your mail is guaranteed to reach its destination
- You have to take your own linen with you if you are admitted to a government hospital
- You dial a toll free number and nobody answers
- You have to prove that you don't need a bank loan to get one
Prisoners go on strike